Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Revlon: Mad About Mango

Hello, Everyone!  Today I have one of Revlon's SCENTED nail polishes!  I saw the display in Walgreens and saw the color "Mad About Mango" and I LOVE LOVE LOVE mangos, so I had to get it.  I got the color more for the smell than the color.  I was actually afraid the color wouldn't go with my skin tone.  Anywho!  Here's the review.

 

All photos were taken by a window with sunlight with three coats.  The photos are color accurate.


"Mad About Mango" is a bright orange creme.  It is opaque in 2 coats, but it is rather streaky, forcing me to use three coats.  The color is supposed to smell like mangos when dry, at least, that's what I assumed.  And you know what happens when you assume.  Anyway, long story short, the polish definitely smells fruity, but I wouldn't say MANGO-y.  After I applied Seche Vite to make it shiny (because it's not all that shiny by itself), I could still faintly smell the fruitiness.  Which was unexpected, but a good unexpected.


The application was fine, just streaky, and drying time was normal.  Removal was easy.  As for the wear, I only wore it for a day and a half, but for that time, it didn't chip.

This color is bright and fun and perfect for the summer!  So perhaps now isn't the best time for it, but then again, I don't follow the season's colors.  I wear what I feel like wearing.  End of story. :D  I got it at Walgreens for a little under $5.  I ended up really liking the color, and it went fine with my skin tone. :D


That's all for today!  It's been quite cloudy where I live.  But luckily not too cold.  I have been ITCHING to get my hands on the Katy Perry Collection and the Anchor's Away collection.  It's slightly killing me on the inside that I don't have them yet.

Sorry that I keep changing the layout of the blog.  I just change my mind too often.  But I like the layout now because it's simple and doesn't seem crowded or busy.  But we'll see how long it lasts. Lol.

☮  ♥ ☀

~LinZ

2 comments:

  1. Such a nice bright color! I didn't get this one because I wasn't sure about it with my skintone either, but now I'm wondering...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, I think your blog might be having browser compatibility issues.
    When I look at your blog in Ie, it looks fine but
    when opening in Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping.

    I just wanted to give you a quick heads up!
    Other then that, amazing blog!

    Feel free to visit my homepage recomended videos

    ReplyDelete

I love all of you for taking time to comment! If you have a blog, I'll check it out.