Friday, February 18, 2011

O.P.I: Austin-tatious Turquoise

Hello, Everyone!  Today I have a color that got me through my week from Hell.  Which was the week of February 7-11.  Those 5 days.... are never to be mentioned again.  But this polish was loyal to me in my time of need.  It stood strong while I was weak.  I am talking about O.P.I's "Austin-tatious Turquoise" from the new Texas Collection!
All pictures were taken inside, next to a window with sunlight.  I used 3 coats and the photos are pretty color accurate.
Can you see the faint pink shimmer?
"Austin-tatious Turquoise" is a a more blue than turquoise shimmer, and if you can get the lighting just right, you can see a slight pink shimmer.  I used 3 thin coats of color.  It's pretty much opaque in 3 coats, but there is a visible nail line with 2 coats.  It's actually a rather sheer color, and it's streaky with 1 coat.  The color felt light on my nails as I applied it.  If that makes sense.  
Application was smooth, drying time seemed normal, but drying is usually irrelevant to me because I always use Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat, which makes any color dry in seconds.  This color lasted a very long time.  I wore it for 5 days, and no chips.  Only some tip wear, which might not even be tip wear, because it could just be the shrinkage that Seche Vite causes.  I took all the photos on the 5th day of wear.

And the photo below does a decent job at showing the pink simmer that is hidden unless you really look for it. (Look at the right side of the bottle)
I got this polish at Trade Secret for $8.50.  From the Texas Collection, I got this color and "I Vant to be A-Lone Star".  They were the only two colors that really interested me from the collection.  
That's all for today.  Everyone, have a great Friday. :)

☮  
~LinZ  

2 comments:

  1. We both had a week of Hell! Let's celebrate! :D I TOTALLY injured my Race/Ethnicity exam! ;) Loving the colors. Please paint my nails these when I come home <3 Thanks love!

    ReplyDelete

I love all of you for taking time to comment! If you have a blog, I'll check it out.