Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Tinsel Nails



Hello, Everyone! I just COULDN'T take off my "Emerald City" because it was so beautiful. But I can't keep my nails the same for more than a few days, so it was only a matter of time before I did some nail art with "Emerald City". And I came up with tinsel-looking nails!
Colors used:
  • Revlon: Emerald City
  • L.A. Colors Art Deco: Silver Glitter
For the design, I used two coats of "Emerald City", but one coat works fine. For the silver glitter, I used L.A. Colors Art Deco in silver glitter (there's no label name). There are two sizes of glitter in the polish. Art Deco has a thin brush for easy striping. I ended up using a toothpick to glob on all the silver glitter because the polish was so thick (it's old). I made a fading effect and I think it looked really nice. Just like tinsel. :) And of course I put on my Seche Vite topcoat when I was done.
I think if you used two different sizes of loose glitter and sprinkled it on the polish after putting on a clear coat as a kind of "glue", it would look really nice too. And give the same effect. :)
This is a nice holiday manicure. Simple and doable. And pardon my dry cuticles. It's been cold lately. Lol. But not cold enough to snow. But then again, it never snows where I live. Which I don't know if that's a good or bad thing. But's definitely the season for hot tea, hot chocolate, or coffee. :D
☮ ♥ ☀
~LinZ

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all of you for taking time to comment! If you have a blog, I'll check it out.