Saturday, October 2, 2010

Autumn Tree Nails


ORIGINAL POST DATE: August 7, 2010









This is the design I currently have on my nails. They're supposed to be autumn trees. :D They were really simple to do. First I just painted my nails turquoise, then, using a thin paint brush I painted the black lines for the tree, and using a bobby pin as a dotting tool, I added the dots in order: yellow, orange, then red. Lastly, on each nail I added a small yellow and red rhinestone. Simple as that.












Used:
  • China Glaze: Sacred Heart (Neon)
  • Sally Hansen Insta-Dri: Lightening
  • China Glaze: Turned Up Turquoise
  • Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear: Black Out
A little about the nail polishes:
~The "Turned Up Turquoise" requires a couple coats to get a nice solid color. I usually go with 3 coats, but the more the better. It dries REALLY fast. Only takes a couple seconds. It dries to a matte finish, giving it a powdery look. It looks really nice and feels smooth and soft. With the clear coat over it, the color loses its matte finish, turning into a shiny, shimmer-y turquoise, which is still beautiful. But it's not quite as special looking as the powdery finish without the clear coat. BUT. THERE'S ALWAYS A BUT. Without a top coat, this color will not last long. It's very flaky.
~The "Sacred Heart (Neon)" is the red color. You can't see much of it in this photo, just a few dots, BUT, this color should be in every collection. In my opinion. This red is gorgeous. It's an everyday color that anyone can use. I'll have to do a swatch of it sometime so I can show you all how great it is. It's very durable. It LASTS. It's bright, it's fun, it's great.
~LinZ

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Turquoise rocks my socks. :) And blue and orange together = so much awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty! i love the turquoise base ~ :D
    also you should show how you use the bobby pins for the dots. i tried using a toothpick with its end cut off but it didnt work out well. :'(

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it....very colorful....a true artist.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. its so beautiful! i saw this on fabnailarts, congrats making it for the "winners"!

    ReplyDelete

I love all of you for taking time to comment! If you have a blog, I'll check it out.