Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Vintage Nails


ORIGINAL POST DATE: September 6, 2010
As I promised in my post, What's Coming Soon, here is my Vintage Nail Design!
Products Used:
  • O.P.I: You Don't Know Jacques!
  • Konad Special Nail Polish: Silver
The best thing about this design is that it is SO simple, but it has a really nice look about it. When I was made the design, I wasn't trying to make a vintage look, but when it was ll done, I looked at it and thought "vintage" described the style perfectly!
This photo on the left shows the silver flowers better. :)
To make this design, I started with three coats of "You Don't Know Jacques!" and waited for it to dry. If you want to know more about this color, click myReview for it.
Then I used the Konad Special Nail Polish in silver, and using a flower design, I stamped on the silver flowers.
After applying the Konad polish, I made sure to wait until it was dry before putting on the top coat because other wise the flower designs will smear. Especially with the silver polish because then the base color (You Don't Know Jacques!) will have a silver shimmer to it. Unless that's the look you're going for!
And here are some more photos!
What's kind of funny is that when I first did this design, I actually wasn't too crazy about it. But then it warmed up to me. And then I really started loving it. That happens to me a lot. Or the reversal, when I like something and then I slowly start disliking. That happens a lot, too. LOL.
I hope everyone in the U.S. enjoys Labor Day Weekend, and everyone else in the world, enjoy your weekend!
♥ ☮
~LinZ

1 comment:

  1. This is such a stunning look! I'm absolutely loving nude and brown shades at the min so this is right up my street. The design just looks so elegant and pretty, very nice indeed :)

    http://mytopbeautybuys.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love all of you for taking time to comment! If you have a blog, I'll check it out.