Monday, October 18, 2010

Yellow With Black Dots Nails


ORIGINAL POST DATE: September 3, 2010
So... what happens when I try to be patriotic for my school? This happens:
Colors used:
  • China Glaze: Solar Power
  • Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear: Black Out
So, yeah. My school's colors are black and gold. So I came up with this design. It's simple, but sometimes the simplicity of something makes it beautiful. Not saying that this design is beautiful, BUT I think if I added something to it, I would ruin in. Half of a design is to know when to STOP.
As far as doing the design, it was super easy. I first painted my nails "Solar Power" which is the yellow color. I used three coats. If you want to know more about this color, click my Review and check it out! Then, using my homemade dotting tool (a bobby pin), I made a large dot in the center of each nail, using "Black Out", then I made the dots go from large to small, putting them in a swerving direction. It's easiest to just look at the photo for the way I did the dots. :) And then I added a large-ish, silver rhinestone on the fourth nail, on top of the large, center dot. You know how much of love rhinestones... I obviously couldn't do without them. :D
And I lastly put on Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat. That's why my nails are so shiny! I just got hat top coat yesterday, and I'll have a review on it maybe tomorrow, but in short, I love it! Before Seche Vite I just used some cheap top coat, but it makes a difference to use a nice one.
OH! And I know I don't mention this every time (or anytime? I don't know/remember), but I ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS use a base coat and a top coat WHENEVER I paint my nails. NO EXCEPTIONS. :) Thought I'd get that out there.
I got "Solar Power" from Sally Beauty Supply and I got "Black Out" at Walgreens.
This was a short one today, guys. I don't know if you like the short, simple ones, but I'm going to apologize for its shortness anyway. I just have that everlasting headache you get when you're sleep-deprived. But it's the weekend, and I can catch up on some Zzzz's.
♥ ☮
~LinZ

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all of you for taking time to comment! If you have a blog, I'll check it out.